The Apostle Paul, being imprisoned for 8 years in Rome, had the necessary time to be able to observe the clothing of a Roman soldier. But he also knew and knew closely what was the training for a Roman soldier and for a gladiator.
The 4 most important things in battle for a soldier are revealed in the epistle to the Ephesians chapter 6.
• 1. The commission for the soldier: is to be strengthened in God's ability, Ephesians 6:10.
- 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.
• 2. The soldier's challenge: putting on the armor of God is a challenge because it is a very personal decision, God will not force you to put it on, Ephesians 6:11.
- 11 Put on the whole aarmour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
• 3. The conflict of the soldier: fighting against demonic forces, Ephesians 6:12.
- 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
• 4. The command or command of the soldier: to resist and remain firm during combat, Ephesians 6:13.
- 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.
The fighting schools were called PALESTRA.
• From the Greek: Palaistra = place, where you fight or fight school.
• From Latin: Palestra = where battles or training are fought.
Its origin then was from fighting schools. The arena, therefore, was the space where fighting was taught and combats were held; even what was his central nucleus, was filled with water with the clear objective that his training would be very complete.
I can say then that all the battles you have had to go through, is because you have been in the middle of an LECTURE where you have been taught to have the victories that will be definitive in your life, because it is written: all works for good, to the who love the Lord.
That is why do not look for nonsense to what you may be suffering, if you are taken by the hand of God; you are simply in the training of the arena.
Pastor Yoanny Martinez.