18 And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be[c] bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be[d] loosed in heaven.”
Jesus was referring to Peter's declaration of faith in verse 16: 'You are Christ, the Son of the Living God.' Jesus had never explicitly declared His full identity to Peter or the other disciples, and He recognized that God had opened Peter's eyes and revealed to him who Jesus really was. But he was also saying that Peter was one of the founders and pioneers of the church.
God greatly used Peter in the founding of the church. Peter was the first to proclaim the gospel on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2:14-47).
Peter was also present when the Samaritans first received the Holy Spirit (Acts 8:14-17), and he was the first to take the gospel to the Gentiles.
Your Life Purpose Comes in Pieces.
DESTINATION IS NOT BUILT, DESTINATION IS DISCOVERED.
1. THE GREATEST THINGS THAT COME FROM GOD START FROM AN IMPOSSIBLE PLACE.
The scattered pieces of your life-- They are part of God's purpose, even if you don't understand it! Believe it or not, that failure, that disappointment, that hardness of heart and that insensitivity are part of the pieces that God will use to build you.
God used my insecurity to speak in public to show me that I can do anything through HIM! He says, "I use the disease to turn you into someone who knows that God heals. I use the crisis with the bank so that you depend on me and not on man."
GOD DOESN'T NEED TO HAVE A FINISHED PRODUCT TO FULFILL A PROMISE TO YOU BECAUSE HIS PROCESS IS DIFFERENT!
– The son of Abraham, the father of faith, was born of a barren woman.
– Jesus was born of a virgin.
– Gideon the liberator of Israel, was born from a barren womb.
– The nation of Israel was born of a deceiver (Jacob).
– As a pastor, I am the fruit of someone who was afraid to speak in public.
-The king of Israel was a shepherd of sheep.
– Prophet Samuel was born to a barren woman.
– The son of God was born in Bethlehem, an unknown place.
GOD WORKS DIFFERENTLY!!!
Peter, a disciple of Jesus, was not a rabbi or a teacher, he was the son of a fisherman.
Pastor José Daniel Martínez.