1 John 1:5-7
"This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."
This is the message that we have heard from him and announce to you:
God is light and there is no darkness in him. If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.”
- Notice how the consequence of walking in the light is that we have fellowship with one another.
- The incredible thing is that the Church that says that it is in the light, curiously, what it has the least is communion with one another.
- The reason is that not confessing sin and bringing it to light makes us walk “undercover”, that is, in darkness, and it is precisely in this condition that we lose all power to fight against the devil.
Going undercover (without confessing sin) is the enemy's territory, and that is where he has all the authority to attack us.
- The exposure of sin is light.
- It is a manifestation of great humility, it is to penetrate the cross naked, as Jesus did.
- The truth is that when others know your sins, the devil no longer has weapons to fight against you.
- Confessing sin is painful when done with a contrite heart, but it is tremendously liberating. It leads you to genuine repentance never to commit that transgression again.
One of the functions of the Holy Spirit is to remit sin that has been confessed, and this is another thing that the Church has failed to do.
This is very important in spiritual warfare, since we cannot enter the dark regions of the enemy without our sin having been remitted.
- Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive will be forgiven, and whose sins you retain will be retained.
- This is perhaps the biggest problem that has caused damage to God's camp by engaging in battle.
Salir a pelear, sin la remisión de nuestros pecados, nos convierte en blancos seguros para el enemigo. Es lo mismo que ir en una misión nocturna con un faro alumbrándote y un micrófono alardeando el lugar de tu posición.
My war team and I have fought powerful battles against fearsome powers of darkness in the second heaven, and one of the things we always do is spend several days locked up confessing all sins, attitudes, thoughts and dreams. We have understood that this part is vital in the battle and what gives us the most powerful protection from God.
The level of confession determines the level at which we are exposed, and the level of exposure determines the level of light we project.
God requires us, in order to forgive and cleanse ourselves, that we confess our sin to a brother filled with the Holy Spirit and that he sends it to God. However, there is tremendous power at the level at which we humble ourselves and expose ourselves to others.
Being “In God” is a state of the Spirit in which the Lord is continually transforming, guiding and speaking to us. It is in that spiritual state where all our trust is placed in God because we know and hear him.
Can the devil really touch an anointed one?
Jesus provided on the cross all the victory we need to live a life one hundred percent protected by God.
The Word says: 1 John 5:18
"We know that everyone who is born of God does not practice sin, because He who was begotten by God keeps him and the evil one does not touch him."
Also declares: Ephesians 6:10-11
“Finally, my brothers, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the wiles of the devil.”
According to these portions of the Scripture, there is the possibility of not being touched by the devil and of being able to stand firm against the attacks of the evil one.
The problem with which we find ourselves here is that the great majority of the Church practically does not walk as it should walk with the Lord, and is not in absolute possession of the armor of God. Many times, people think that they are not in transgression because they do not practice adultery and drunkenness or attend pagan festivities, but they live dressed in religiosity, without mercy, criticism and their tongues are not tamed. Gossip abounds, the competition and their lives depend more on their own criteria than discerning the alliances we may have with the enemy.
When we go out to do spiritual warfare, the first thing we do is study the characteristics of the strong man with whom we are going to fight.
- We write them down on a whiteboard, and then we start breaking down all the possibilities of each of these character definitions, and see where we identify with that spirit.
- I believe that one of Paul's mistakes, and what led to his almost total defeat in the propagation of the gospel in Athens, was the strategy with which he entered this capital.
The strong man, ruler, there was the spirit of Greece. This is characterized, among many things, by intellectualism, humanism, the cult of reason over the spirit, eloquence, arrogance, always demonstrating that one knows more than others, endless discussions to prove everything by means of mental logic, among others.
Unfortunately, the armor of God does not come upon us because we make a prophetic statement. This armor implies being established in impregnable celestial positions such as: truth, salvation, justice, love, faith, the preparation of the gospel and the intimate communion with the revealed word of God, the words of His word, and from those positions, fight in the spirit world.
- The armor of God does not come from hypocrisy full of falsehood and lies, nor from the clamor that puts on the belt of truth, or from unjust, rebellious, gossipy people, whose tongues are contaminated with poison, claiming that they put on the breastplate of truth. justice or the breastplate of love; or people who have no faith even for their own finances, troubled by fears of all kinds, proclaiming that they take in their hands, prophetically, the shield of faith.
All this is nothing more than making a fool of yourself and fighting in total ignorance with weapons of flesh.
What they are doing by fighting in their flesh is the same as throwing axes at the moon or stones at the sun.
The armor of our God is perfect, it is indestructible, it is very powerful, but it is acquired to the extent that we become it.
A warrior who fights for the Spirit of the living God is a man or a woman imbued with truth, who abhors falsehood and lies, a man full of justice and love, who loves in the most adverse conditions and contrary to himself. .
- He is a man full of internal salvation, holy in all his ways, who hates all forms of evil and impiety, charged with the faith of God because he knows him and God knows him.
- He is a man of intimate relationship with the Most High and of benign relationships with his brothers, full of compassion and ready to preach under any circumstance.
- This is the man or woman whom God invests with his authority, whose weapons are not axes of men, but swords of fire and atomic bombs in the spiritual world.
- A soldier in perfect order of authority, trained in principles, values and submission.
A warrior dressed in humility and docility is easy to lead by the hand of God and his superiors.
A person who fears God, who does not seek his own or boasts, because he knows that glory belongs only to God.
- These are God's chosen ones, clothed with Him, and armed by His Spirit; these cannot be defeated.
Pastor Yoanny Martinez.